Monday, October 25, 2010

My $80 find for $3.11

Little A loves all things construction. He has a small construction playset, but it's a cheap one and most of the pieces are now broken. He asked for a new one this year. I found this set on Amazon from Mighty World.



It was listed for $79.99 at the time so it's been sitting in my wishlist for months. A few weeks ago I noticed the price dropped to $53.11. Much better. I decided to cash in my Swagbucks I've been saving for a $50 Amazon gift card. Once I applied it I paid $3.11 for a complete construction set! Since it's over $25 it qualified for free shipping, but as a member of Amazon Mom, I have Amazon Prime free for 3 months and got quicker shipping!

If you haven't heard about Swagbucks yet, it's a search engine where you can earn points for searches. I use it in the place of google for my normal internet usage. In addition to searches you can earn points via:

1) Answering a daily poll
2) Participating in surveys
3) Utilizing the Swagbucks Toolbar
4) Completing Special Offers
5) Shopping at partner webstores
6) Finding SwagCodes
7) Referring others

I use Swagbucks just as I would any other site normally. I don't do paid offers or shopping unless it's something I'm going to do anyway. This is just to say you really can earn swagbucks for little effort and for free.

You can redeem your swagbucks for various prizes or giftcards. I like the giftcards the best because then I can use them on whatever I want (like the construction set).

If you haven't signed up for swagbucks yet, get moving and use it! There's still plenty of time to earn free money for the holidays!

No comments: