Friday, September 17, 2010

Cloth Wipes - EYMM Review

I cloth diapered little A starting at about a year old. He had horrendous diaper rash with lots of episodes of bleeding and yeast for the first year. We tried every diaper out there and took him to the doctor countless times before we figured out he's allergic to the SAP gel in disposable diapers. The confirmation on it was switching to cloth. Once we switched we never had another issue with diaper rash.

When I got pregnant this time with E I knew I would cloth diaper again. First, I had such a great experience compared to the disposable experience with little A. Second, I still have all of his cloth diapers, so it's cost efficient. I did stock up on newborn cloth diapers since I didn't have any of those and the one size diapers I do have don't start fitting until about 10 lbs.

Another thing I needed more of for E was cloth wipes. I searched and searched but couldn't find anything I liked. Then I decided I would take a few old receiving blankets that are not really big enough for swaddling or anything useful and turn them into wipes. One big problem. I can't sew; at all. A friend from a forum I belong to mentioned she could make them for me, so I sent her the blankets and ordered a few more since I didn't have quite enough blankets.

They came in the mail this week and I LOVE them. The top 3 are from the receiving blankets while the bottom 2 are the front and the back of the wipes she made with new fabric. They are all double sided and extremely soft. The stitching is fantastic and they are a nice large child's washcloth sized. Even B was amazed at how nice they were. (He's amazed at everything cloth diaper related at the moment though since it's new to him.) I cannot wait to use these on E!


If you want to see more of Kymy's work head on over to her Etsy shop, EYMM (Everything Your Mama Made and More). In addition to custom orders (like my wipes), she offers crib sheets, aprons, and super hero capes. While not listed in her shop, I've seen clothing she's made her own children and her work is fantastic and not limited. She is very knowledgeable about various fabrics, costs of materials, and a variety of items. I think I may have to hit her up for some fun nursing pads too. ;)

No comments: