Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Fresh Start

I've had a private blog about my son for about 2.5 years. My family is spread throughout the country and after getting the same questions every few days I decided to start a blog that everyone could check on their own and get updates.

Our family is changing though and I'd like to share some of the issues and changes more openly, so I'm starting this blog. We will be going from a family of 2 to a family of 6 soon. My significant other has 3 children from previous relationships and we are expecting our first together. As I've searched for tips and ideas about combining 2 households and managing a household 3x the size of my current one, I've come up short. Surely I'm not the only one looking for this info. Hence my new blog.

Hopefully someone other than me will find it helpful!

Here's an introduction to us. First there's me; a 30 year old working mom who's slightly crunchy and a little controlling. B, a 41 year old working dad who's completely amazing. T a 21 year old college student who lives on her own. Big A, a 13 year old boy into music and video games. S, a 12 year boy into video games and quick witted. Little A, a 3.5 year old boy into all things construction and vehicles. Baby E, a girl, coming in November.

No comments: